What Is Amazon Associates?
The Amazon affiliate program, likewise called “Amazon Associates” can be a simple method to monetize your site or blog.
Just sign up, fill in your information, and start promoting Amazon Affiliate links on your website today.
When somebody then visits your website and purchases a product on Amazon trough your link, you will get commission for that product and any other product they purchase within 24 hours!
As affiliate programs go, the Amazon associates program can’t be beaten in term of access and sheer size.
As indicated by Business Insider, Amazon’s valuation of $356 billion is bigger than Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney, and Sears joined.
Amazon produced $177.9 billion in income in 2017 an overall gain development of 27.8%, making it the biggest online retailer on the planet.
This sort of scale makes the Amazon associates program inviting to private ventures and advertisers and makes Amazon associates and every Amazon affiliate some portion of a worldwide commercial centre.
Regardless of whether it is an independent entrepreneur hoping to exploit the Amazon FBA program or individual Amazon associate, there are numerous chances to create a decent income for yourself.
At the point when you become an Amazon affiliate, you are introduced to a scope of tools including examination and advertising to guarantee you can maximize your winning potential.
There are a few advantages to affiliate advertising for both the vendor and the affiliates.
For the seller, it’s a chance to grow reach and increment sales through reasonable advertising.
Since affiliate commissions are based on sales — affiliates are paid just when the conversion actually happens — members in the affiliate program are additionally expected to drive traffic themselves.
Types of Affiliate Marketing
For affiliates, joining different Affiliate programs permits them to get engaged with online business without setting up or keep up their own stores.
It additionally gives the chance to monetize a site, blog or web-based social networking and earn a commission.
3 Examples of Affiliate Marketing
- Pay-per-sale: In this kind of program, the dealer pays an affiliate when the affiliate sends a client who makes a purchase. A few shippers pay the affiliate a fixed rate for every sale while others, similar to Amazon, pay a level of the sale.This kind of Affiliate marketing is actually the most popular and there are a whole lot of different affiliate networks to get started with like Amazon. Another popular example would be Clickbank.
- Pay-per-click: In this game plan, the affiliate is paid on what number of guests show up at the vendor’s site by means of the affiliate interface, and the affiliate is paid whether or not guests make a purchase.A simple example of this would be Google Adsense, which you can put on any webiste once you get approved. It will earn you a certain amount of money per click you can generate on you website.
- Pay-per-lead: This kind of program pays affiliates dependent on the number of guests to the vendors webpage who sign up as leads or round out the mentioned data on the website.An example of an Affiliate network like this is Maxbounty, here you can access a lot of CPA marketing offers.
For example, certain brands will pay you like $2 per email address you can get for them, which doesn’t sound like much but can stack up fairly quickly once you get the ball rolling with a good offer.
Steps to Become an Amazon Affiliate
Step 1: Create a Website or Blog
To get approved for Amazon associates program you will have to create an active website, blog, Youtube Channel or anything else that allows you to generate traffic to your affiliate links.
Just creating this won’t be enough, you will have to create some sort of content that people actually are looking for to drive traffic to your affiliate offers.
Also remember you will have to describe what your website is all about in the next couple of steps to get approved by Amazon, so have a clear idea of why you are creating this website and what your audience will be looking like.
If you are looking to get started with an Amazon Affiliate Website check out my favorite hosting service right here.
You can sign up by clicking the link above to get redirected to the Amazon associates page directly.
Or you can head over to the Amazon website yourself and start by looking on the bottom of the Amazon landing page.
Search for the ‘become an Amazon affiliate’.
Once you click this button, you will be redirected to the Amazon associates page.
Here you can click on the text that says ‘Join now for free’. Once here proceed to step 2.
Step 3: Fill In your Personal Information
The structure looks long. However, it is fairly simple to get familiar with.
Simply include your personal details in here. The date you input must be yours because it is an official profile, so please ensure all data is correct.
You will then be approached to include your site information. Of course, most affiliate programs, if not all, are keen on how much traffic you can generate. If you have not yet created your own website, you must do first because it is required to get your Amazon Associates account approved.
Next, fill in your actual details. This will include things like your prefered store ID, how you plan on generating sales, how you direct people to your site, in addition to other things.
Step 4: Verify Your Account
So as to verify your account Amazon requests a telephone number which they use to make a automatic message.
At the point when you enter your telephone number, a pin number shows up on the screen. The automatic message will request that you check the pin number. It’s that straightforward!
Step 5: Pick Your Prefered Payment Method
After you have completed all the steps mentioned above you will be asked how you want to receive payment for the sales you generated.
For this Amazon provided you with a few different options:
- Check ($15 preparing expense is postponed for worldwide associates)
- Amazon gift voucher
- Bank Transfer
When you complete the sign up procedure, Amazon will give you access to their Associate’s platform where you will have the option to get the affiliate links neccesary for promoting their products.
As you get into affiliate business, it’s significant that you uncover all your affiliate links and imprint them as no-follow.
Step 6: Get your Amazon Affiliate Links
Amazon has the world’s largest affiliate program, and once you sign up, you can get a link for any product on the site, and earn a commission on it!
Let’s say for example we search ‘fitness bags’.
Here it is in action.
I type ‘fitness bags’ into the Affiliate program search box.
After that I get a lot of popular fitness bags and if I find one I am considering promoting I just click ‘get link’ to proceed like below.
Then I will get a screen where I can get my affiliate link, just press the text only tab and below short url and this will be the link I will be using to promote this certain product.
So anytime someone clicks that link, their cookie is recorded in Amazon as coming from me, so when they buy something I will get a small percentage of commission.
Check out the Amazon Associates Commission Rates below
You can check this link for a full listing of the rate information.
Some More Information on The Amazon Associates Program
Amazon is perhaps the biggest retailer on the planet.
Truth be told, in the U.S. alone, it’s liable for about 40 per cent of every single online sale.
Also, anybody can get to a portion of the retail goliath’s earnings — you should simply have a site or online presence and sign up for the Amazon Associates program.
Amazon’s affiliate program, otherwise called Amazon Associates, is an affiliate advertising program that permits clients to monetize their websites or other online channels.
Amazon affiliates essentially place affiliate links to Amazon products on their site, and when a client makes a purchase through one of their affilaite links, the affiliate gets a commission.
Tips to Maximize Your Amazon Affiliate Income
At the point when the Amazon Associates Program launched in 1998, there weren’t some simple, easy ways for Internet business visionaries to bring in money on the web.
Amazon’s affiliate program changed that.
The main issue was that to create any significant income as an Amazon affiliate required selling a huge amount of books. Luckily, as Amazon has extended its product line, the capacity to make payments from Amazon has gotten simpler.
Amazon despite everything has a genuinely low payout contrasted with other affiliate programs (4% to 10%, varies upon the product and sales volume), however with a tremendous product line, colossal client base, and validity, chances are that anyone can discover something to promote and start earning some money online from the comfort of their home.
Pros and Cons of Joining Amazon Associates
There are a few incredible reasons to join the Amazon Associates program, including:
- Amazon is a very popular platform that’s known all around the world. Millions of people visit the website everyday.
- It’s open to anyone to join totally free of charge.
- There are no traffic limits or different measurements you should be aware about.
- There are tons and huge amounts of products you can promote.
- Amazon has numerous tools to assist you in selling anything you want. Your succes is their succes aswell.
- There is a decent analytics dashboard, so you can find out what’s getting clicks and what’s selling.
- You can get immediate store payments into your account.
- Amazon offers great client assistance to its purchasers, so you decrease the danger of having your guests get distraught at you on the off chance that they have an issue with the product.
- Even if your guest doesn’t purchase the product you alluded, on the off chance that they purchase something else on that visit within 24 hours that they clicked on your affiliate link, you get a commission on everything they purchased!
Nothing is ever great, including the Amazon Associates Program.
Here are some drawbacks :
- The commission rate is fairly low contrasted with other affiliate programs, 6-10% relying upon the things. It offers a level rate for the abundance programs, for example, $15 for business account sign-ups, $3 for Prime referrals, and $5 for Audible referrals.
- That means if your referral doesn’t purchase inside 24 hours, you won’t get credit. (Nonetheless, if the product is added to their cart, the cookie keeps going 90 days.)
- You’re not permitted to send Amazon affiliate links in messages. That includes blog entries that get sent as an email. Since the email is a brilliant method to send extraordinary ideas to your visitors, this standard is especially baffling.
- If you have a U.S. site and are advancing products in the Amazon U.S. store, you won’t get commissions for alluding somebody who winds up purchasing the product from outside the nation (for example Amazon UK).
- Payment alternatives are just through a bank transfer, check, or Amazon gift voucher. There’s no PayPal choice.
- Minimum payout is $100, which isn’t that much in the event that you make heaps of sales. However, a ton of you are just getting started.
How To Promote Amazon Affiliate Links
Below I have outlined a few different ways you can promote your different Amazon affiliate links. I am certain there are a lot of other ways to do this but these are just a couple of the most simple ones.
Blogging is assumed as the most widely recognized way affiliates bring in money with the Amazon Associates program.
A few bloggers have a general niche website and utilize a large number of affiliate programs and other commission alternatives.
Different bloggers have a niche website, focusing in on select products that the blog covers. In any case, bringing in money with Amazon Associates on a blog should be possible by:
- Writing content for your blog or site about picking or purchasing a product available on Amazon. Individuals go online to investigate their purchasing alternatives. In case you’re a mommy- blogger, you can write an article on picking an ease vacuum with a affiliate link to your top decision, or a few affiliate links to your top decisions. A nourishment blogger can make a link to cooking tools. A photography site can make a link to cameras and other photography hardware and so forth.
- Writing Reviews of new products. Individuals need to do research about things before they put money in them, particularly on the off chance that they’re new and there isn’t a great deal of data accessible. That’s why a lot of people go in search for reviews of the products they are considering purchasing. If yours is the one they stumble upon, you got a good chance they will buy it trough your link.
- Promoting unique ideas on the blog. This method implies that you watch Amazon for exceptional releases on products that fit in your blog’s niche.
If you find that you are not an amazing writer yourself but you absolutely want to give blogging a shot, there is no need to worry since you can outsource most of the content writing to freelancers. This will require you to have some capital but you can see this as an investment which will provide you with a chance at passive income in the long run.
Simply head over to Fiverr.com and type in content writing and you will find all the freelancers you will ever need varying from very cheap to a little more expensive.
You can utilize social media to share your blog content with affiliate links, or you can legitimately share your affiliate joins.
Note, that you should give a disclaimer that the link is an affiliate link when you post to be straightforward and not bother your friends and family. Individuals would prefer not to be offered to constantly, so posting affiliate links ought to be blended with non-affiliate and non-sales posts.
Also all Social Media networks have very strict guidelines on promoting affiliate links so be careful not to promote the actual affiliate link on your feed or into certain Facebook groups.
Rather redirect them to your blog post or review where they can then be redirected to the actual product page. This will prevent your account getting banned.
Youtube is another big one for Amazon affiliates.
The same techniques applies as for blogging, the only difference here is you record actual videos reviewing certain products or providing some information about any products you have bought in the past.
After you have created a product review, simply add in your affiliate link into the discription where people can then be redirected to the product page where they can purchase it.
I understand being on camera and putting yourself out there isn’t actually for anyone. Hell it’s not for me either, that’s why I prefer blogging.
But there actually is another way you could leverage the power of Youtube to your advantage, even if you don’t want to record yourself.
An easy way to get started with this will only require you to learn some basic video editing skills and you will be good to go.
All you have to do is find some different advertisements on the products you want to promote, edit the clip with your personal touch and simply upload the video to your channel and add in your affiliate links.
Sounds complicated? Let me illustrate a bit further with an example.
Let’s say I want to do a top 5 Gaming Chairs under $100.
I now start researching the web for the best gaming chairs on Amazon under $100 (You can simply do this by going of the reviews on Amazon)
After I have found the 5 best gamings chairs on Amazon, I will then start looking for some different clips showing these chairs.
Then simply download these clips unto your computer and upload them into your video editing software. Here you can just create a compilation of the different clips you have found and add in your affiliate links to the discription.
No need to worry about copyrighting these clips because your goal is to actually get these companies some sales, that’s why you will not get into any troubles whatsoever.
The beautiful thing about this technique is that the possibilities are endless and once your Youtube channels starts getting some views and subscribers you can actually start putting some advertising on your videos and get some income from ad revenue aswell!
Some Final Tips
- Discuss or review related products. When you visit McDonalds and you request a burger, you’re asked, “Do you need fries with that?” Many things work best or are improved with extras or different products, which you can promote.
- Keep an eye on your Amazon Associates analytics dashboard to have an idea which products are actually bringing in the major part of your income. Once you find out which products are actually doing the best, you can then try and find some different ways to promote these products.
- If you are doing any of the methods mentioned above don’t expect to ‘get rich quick’. Blogging and Youtube are 2 ways that require consistancy and dedication over the long term to get the ball rolling. Make sure you push trough the barrier of low views and traffic the initial few months and keep uploading content to create a long term passive income.
Affiliate marketing with Amazon and different other networks is an extraordinary method to make money online from the comfort of your home. In any case, it takes more than beginning a site or blog and posting a couple of affiliate links.
Providing actual value and high quality content are of major importance in succeeding with affiliate marketing, never forget this.
That’s it for this small introduction on what is Amazon Associates program. I hope you enjoyed it and learned a thing or two more then you already knew.
Have any further questions or need any assistance getting started, feel free to contact me anytime, I am at every one of yours service!
If you want to learn more about making money online or want to get started with some other affiliate programs make sure you check out some of my other articles listed below.
Thanks for making in this far!
7 Ways To Make Money Online in 2020
Make Money Online with Fiverr – No Skills Needed!
Best Video Creation Course!
Beginners Guide Affiliate Marketing
Make Money Online without any Investment!
Easiest Way To get Started With Affiliate Marketing (Will require some capital)